SISTERS’ DISPUTE (short story)


BY Sylfani Dinar Qurrota Ayun

Hi! My name is Kiko Namikaze. Just call me Kiko. My parents were divorced. I live in New York with Hana, my sister who studies in high school. We live in New York , just two of us. My father lives in Africa, as a photographer. And my mother lives in London with her new husband. I'm very busy with my job as a fashion designer. And I don’t have good relationship with my sister. 

"Why do you always protect me too much? You must remember if I ain't a baby anymore." Hana asks me.

"And if I make you confused, why don't you let me live with father or mother? Why I must live with you if you always get angry and ignore me when I ask something like this?" And Hana starts crying. 

I haven't got an idea how to explain all to Hana. Because if I tell her, she will get shocked. My parents want to give me a little brother. But when my mom gave birth, it's a baby girl. Actually, my father wants a son in order to lead his photography company one day soon. Without sense, my father got disappointed and divorced my mother. My father thought that my mother can't give birth a baby boy. So does my mother. I was 10 years old at that time and I knew what happened at that time.

With my bravery, I took little Hana to my grandparent's house. I explained everything happened to them. And my grandparent let us live in their house. My parents got divorced and they moved to another country without thinking about us. Actually they sent money every month, but it doesn't make me forgive them. Hana didn't know what happened until now.

After my grandparent passed away, I decided to move to New York. It's a place where I can find more money for Hana and me. I took Hana also. Everything went smoothly until Hana has an idea to ask me question like that.

In my birthday, my aunt calls me but Hana answers it because I am in the toilet. Our voice is quite similar, so aunty thought it's me.
"Happy birthday, Kiko!! Did Hana know what happened 10 years ago?" Aunty asks. 
"Sorry, what happened? Tell me please." Hana responds, impersonating me.. 
Unfortunately, aunty tells everything without thinking about it first. Hana starts crying. When I open the bathroom's door, I see Hana crying loudly. I ask Hana and Hana says that she is an unwanted child. I explain to Hana. Many time I explained it, but Hana didn't want to hear me.

Hana runs outside and takes her bicycle. I think that Hana wants to go to the airport. In the airport, we meet aunty. I call aunty on my way to the airport angrily. Aunty feels regretful. Unfortunately, she get heart attack. And she passed away in the airport. Knowing about what happened to aunty, Hana is shocked. And she finally Hana forgives us for not considering about our feeling and hiding the thing she should have known ten years ago. 


Day by day, my relationship with Hana is better than before. We can be good sisters again. But, my parents still do not visit us. My life is so dramatic. But I will make my problem to be my learning object. 

LBPP LIA SEMARANG CANDI

Starting from October 2009, LIA SEMARANG CANDI blog was launched. The content of the blog will be about all kinds of activities done both by students in class or outside class, and teacher's development. Wish you all who visit the blog will reap the benefits from it. Please leave your comment for further development of the blog. Thank you very much.

Previous Post Next Post

Formulir Kontak