IDIOMS, IDIOMS AND IDIOMS


Choose the correct meaning of each idiom.
1.       He gave me the cold shoulder
a.       He was very sad
b.      He gave me useless advice
c.       He didn’t want to talk to me
2.       I need to catch some Z’s.
a.       I need some rest
b.      I have to go now
c.       I’m hungry.
3.       Where’s your better half?
a.       Where’s your wife
b.      You seem tired today
c.       You seem to be in a bad mood
4.       Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed?
a.       Where’s your wife
b.      You seem tired today
c.       You seem to be in a bad mood
5.       I was given the ax today
a.       I got a new job
b.      I lost my job
c.       I lost my girlfriend
6.       We won the game hands down
a.       We won easily
b.      We won a close game
c.       The other team didn’t show up
7.       She has a loose screw
a.       Her boyfriend is unfaithful
b.      I like the way she walks
c.       She’s strange
8.       Hold your horses
a.       Shut up!
b.      Wait!
c.       Sit down
9.       He has no sense
a.       he is impractical
b.      he smells like a woman
c.       he acts like a woman
10.   I’ve been in the doghouse for days.
a.       I’ve been sick
b.      My wife is mad at me
c.       I’ve been working too hard
11.   Her head is in the clouds
a.       She’s very happy
b.      She’s crazy
c.       She’s daydreaming
12.   I’m in the groove with my job now
a.       Things are going badly
b.      Things are going well
c.       I have a few days off

LBPP LIA SEMARANG CANDI

Starting from October 2009, LIA SEMARANG CANDI blog was launched. The content of the blog will be about all kinds of activities done both by students in class or outside class, and teacher's development. Wish you all who visit the blog will reap the benefits from it. Please leave your comment for further development of the blog. Thank you very much.

Previous Post Next Post

Formulir Kontak