My First Experience of Swimming




 by Rivanda Fadhila
My first experience of swimming is when I was 8 or 9 years old. My family and I went to Banaran on holiday. There were shallow and medium swimming pools. The shallow one is about 1meter depth, and the medium one is about 2 meters.  My parents actually encouraged me to give it a try because they knew that I would love it, and swimming skills will be needed soon as I grow up
It was a nerve-wrecking moment when I first stepped into the pool. The water was so cold for me (actually not) that I started to shiver. My aunt comforted me and assured me that it's perfectly normal for a newbie to feel that way. I slowly walked down the stairs. It was not deep, just above my waist. I gripped her hands tight because I was worried I might get drown. 
The first lesson was I had to face the wall and take a deep breath before going down into the water. It was a form of exercising my legs and enhancing my breathing skill. I had to stay in the water for 5 seconds before standing up. During those 5 seconds, even though it was a super short time, suddenly I panicked. I swallowed a lot of water!
I tried to get above the water, but I just could not. Luckily, my father noticed me and quickly grabbed me up. I choked and coughed out the water.  Then he brought me out and told me to sit down and relax. It was a terrifying experience for me. Until now, I am still wondering how this could happen because the pool was not even deep!
That is my first unforgettable experience in a swimming pool. I did not give up. I had lots of encouragement from my parents and friends. I tried a lot of time and finally I can swim smoothly!

LBPP LIA SEMARANG CANDI

Starting from October 2009, LIA SEMARANG CANDI blog was launched. The content of the blog will be about all kinds of activities done both by students in class or outside class, and teacher's development. Wish you all who visit the blog will reap the benefits from it. Please leave your comment for further development of the blog. Thank you very much.

5 Comments

  1. I absolutely agree with the above. In addition, I would encourage using a service like DigitalEssay.net to proofread application essays. Never hurts to have a second pair of eyes on these docs!

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post

Formulir Kontak