My First Tennis Experience



                I have never played or practiced tennis before. But I was quiet curious about it. Lately, I felt that my body defense was very bad. I felt too lazy to move and just spent my spare time to lie down on the bed and read books. I did sport just once in a blue moon. Consequently, I became fatter and weaker which made me see red to myself. So, I made up my mind to have a physical exercise even just once in a week. I was quiet confused to choose what sport I would learn. The choices were badminton or tennis. Since I am able to play badminton and little curious about tennis, so I chose tennis as my sport.

                On Sunday, 9th October 2010, my mom and I came to a tennis court where my mom usually plays. She registered me to practice there. I started to practice straightaway. When I came, everyone has not come. So I waited the others while jogged. One by one, they came. What made me really shock was they were still kids! I thought everyone was still in elementary school. I was white with terror. I could not close my mouth and just stood up like a silly girl.
                After everyone had gathered, we started the practice. There were 2 coaches there; the first was to train the senior trainee whereas the other one used to train the junior one. I was with the second coach. I was very green. That was the first time I held the tennis racket. I did not know how to hold and how to swing it. The coach showed me how to hold the racket, how to swing it, how I should stand, and many other things. So there I was. Hold the racket and feel a bit awkward. The coach threw me the ball and I hit it with my racket. It hit the net which made me feel blue. It happened repeatedly. Until finally, I could hit it! The ball flew high enough and entered the opposite field. Whoa! I felt like wow I made it, I really made it! The next practice was quiet the same. Sometimes it flew well, sometimes the ball hit the net, and sometimes it flew too high and went out of the field. The other kids, who were my senior, always hit the ball in the good way. And I was blue in the face. How could they hit the ball very well? I turned green with envy but however it made me become more enthusiastic.
                When I practiced, everyone was at the back of me, to avoid my ball. But there was one kid, he stood near the net. I did not see anywhere; I just focused on the ball. Out of the blue, when I hit the ball, it flew in the wrong way and went to the right net. It hit the kid! Straight to his face! I was like, oh my god what have I done? His face started to turn red and he started to cry! I ran to him but I did nothing. I did not know what I should do. The coach came close to him and asked him what he felt. He just cried and cried and cried and did not say anything. All I did was just bit my lips and caressed his head. My sister, who sat in the corner of the field blamed me and said that it was my entire fault. But I tried to whitewash and said that was not totally my fault. It is his fault too. Why he stood up near the net beside the field while the rest is stood behind me.
                The coach told me to leave him at the back of the field and started the practice again. So I just threw the thought about him and focused on practice again. I felt glad because even after that accident, my ability did not become lower and even become better. After the practice was over, I went straight to the kid who was hit by my ball. I asked him whether he was all right. He just nodded. I suggested him not to stand beside the field whenever I practiced. And he nodded again. I apologized to him. And he nodded again. All he did was just nodded. So I asked him whether he was angry with me. I was curious to death and afraid if he nodded again. But he shook his head. I felt relieved. And I apologized again for maybe a thousand times to him.

                So, the practice was over and everyone went home. I felt both happy and still felt guilty. But every cloud has a silver lining. I learnt many things that day. Some of them were how to play tennis, not to stand up beside the field when someone practices, and sports make us in the pink. And even that day I did many mistakes, I would not give up and will keep practicing until I get better and might become a professional tennis player.

(ASTRI WULANDARI / HIGH INTERMEDIATE 2)

LBPP LIA SEMARANG CANDI

Starting from October 2009, LIA SEMARANG CANDI blog was launched. The content of the blog will be about all kinds of activities done both by students in class or outside class, and teacher's development. Wish you all who visit the blog will reap the benefits from it. Please leave your comment for further development of the blog. Thank you very much.

1 Comments

  1. chose tennis to sport is a good choice for playing tennis can stimulate the heart to work more strongly than usual so that a smooth blood circulation. Sports tennis is a sport that can not be played anywhere. Need a tennis court to play tennis so that only a few people who play tennis because they have to rent a field to play. Time to start playing tennis it is natural if there are errors in hitting the ball. But endeavored not to hit anyone else. Hit a tennis ball it must hurt like hell because I've never felt it. Practicing tennis again tomorrow if you should be careful. Fortunately not badly injured child. But do not give up even hurt other people practicing the spirit must be kept high

    Andre Falendro (Intermediate 3)

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post

Formulir Kontak